Links For Tuesday 22nd September 2009

  • A quote by David Byrne from Matt's article that I thought I was worth saving in it's own right:

    "A city can't be too small. Size guarantees anonymity—if you make an embarrassing mistake in a large city, and it's not on the cover of the Post, you can probably try again. The generous attitude towards failure that big cities afford is invaluable—it's how things get created. In a small town everyone knows about your failures, so you are more careful about what you might attempt."

    (tags: cities)
  • Matt Jones on the future of cities, their place in sf, and well, a typically smart piece of joined up thinking. Just go and read it.
  • This is one of the funniest bits of DVD commentary I've heard in ages. I am genuinely unsure if this is a joke or not, but still, it's hysterical.
    (tags: funny video dvd)
  • This is inspired. I recommend this map to all vistors to London. It really does contain 90% of everything tourists need, and for the other 10%, just ask a native. (Assuming you know any. If you don't, then how the hell are you reading this?)