- Notes From An Emergency
Serious, thoughtful critique outlinging the current regulatory capture of the US government by the tech industry, and how it affects Europe, and what we might do.
- Fire Hazard: How We Work: Energy
A company I freelance for has a really good write up of a smart way of working in a small company. Worth remembering.
- JSON Feed: Announcing JSON Feed
This seems like quite a good idea.
- Send the grandmother to the library. – Mike Wallis – Medium
Absolutely mandatory reading on providing social services digitally.
- Sopamo/vue-online: A reactive offline indicator component for vue.js
This will be useful to me later on in a project.
- ‘The James Bond of Philanthropy’ Culminates Career with $7M Donation
What a fascinating and awesome sounding guy.
- Get your loved ones off Facebook. – Salim Virani
I've spent time in the last year agonising about whether or not to rejoin Facebook. Then I read this, and not only am I sure I've done the right thing, but seriously, folks, read this, and really think hard about whether or not you're OK with Facebook doing all this.
- Tufte CSS
Really nice CSS set for doing simple, single-page document layout.
- The Killing Joke Script
One to come back to – the complete script to the Killing Joke.
- Making Your App Work Offiline: Tips & Cautionary Tales | Quick Left
Some notes on pitfalls of enabling a JS app to work offline.
- IBM Says Macs Are Up to $543 Less Expensive Than PCs Over Time – Mac Rumors
Not entirely home-user applicable, but still an interesting bit of information for those trying to convince their company to buy them Apple hardware.
- Michael Tsai – Blog – Mac Terminal Tips
Some of these are going to be absolute lifesavers.
- Apple to create spectacular new London HQ at Battersea Power Station
I really don't know how I feel about this. I <strong>love</strong> the building, I'm glad it's being restored and will be used for something. I also like Apple products. But this doesn't feel right. It should have been public space.