I know I’m going to want this later, so I’m saving it somewhere I can be sure it won’t vanish. Originally by @lilypatchwork on Twitter.
- Choose Boring Technology
An excellent principle.
- All for One – Design – Ian Thomas – Medium
A superb wrap up of a game I wish I'd played. A lot of food for thought in here – I'd love to adapt and apply some of this to serial-form game design, and think about how I'd change it up to make it play to the strengths of that form…
- Guardian Firewall – Guardian Firewall
This looks really good. Not cheap, but I am disposed to like a company that says "For the lifetime of our company, Guardian Firewall will utilize a simple tried-and-true business model: Accepting currency for a product that people find valuable. Full stop. We will never track our users. We will never collect personal information about our users. We consider user data to be a liability. Each and every technical design decision is built around that concept. "
- Quick note: Friday wins and a case study in ritual design | Kellan Elliott-McCrea
"Culture is what you celebrate. Rituals are the tools you use to shape culture." Smart work, needs serious thinking about.
- The New Wilderness (Idle Words)
- In Praise of Food Dad, Nigel Slater – VICE
I do love Nigel Slater's cookbooks.
- Monzo – Tone of Voice
This is Monzo's tone of voice guide. I have always thought Monzo's comms were excellent, and this has helped me put my finger on why. I will wish to refer to this a lot.
- Paypal – how to generate classic API credentials
I just know I'm going to need this link again, and it took me half an hour to find it.
- On the New Forest (10 May., 2019, at Interconnected)
A marvellous bit of writing.
- srmklive/laravel-paypal: Laravel plugin for processing payments through PayPal. Can be used separately.
I need to upgrade the Badgers and Jam checkout to support Paypal, very soon.
- Toy Town by watabou
This is also great! Same author, really hoping they link the two up, so you can generate a map, then walk through it.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator by watabou
This is just great. Loads of options, loads of visually distinct cities to work with.