- GitHub – abulia/tfl-unified: Laravel package for accessing TFL’s unified API
This is going to speed up some rapid prototyping by a factor of about 50.
- City Street Orientations around the World – Geoff Boeing
Interesting visualtation of the direction orientation of streets in major cities. Sydney and Melbourne stand out as interesting oddities, having the planned nature of cities built mostly in the last few hundred years, but with some oddities. Beijing also revealed as suprisingly modern.
- DieScraper | Roll Plus Hot
Mike has come up with what looks like an interesting alpha for a game here. Filed for future reference.
- Generate entity relation diagrams from your Laravel model files.
More work-related "this might be useful" stuff. The need to produce ERDs crops up on enough projects that I am certain I'll need this at some point.
- Justin Peters – WORK
This artist photoshops stock photos together, and has produced some *stunning* results.
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra Apache Setup: Multiple PHP Versions | Grav
Nothing to see here. I've just been through this for work, and might need to refer to this guide to debug stuff in future.
- KS Lessons Full List – Chronological – Stonemaier Games
A list of lessons in running a kickstarter (or similar project). One to come back to.
- Recursive Recipes | Make food from scratch
This is brilliant. Pick a recipe, then crank the time limit up. Make an Apple pie: Step 1: grow the apples…
- IBM’s machine argues, pretty convincingly, with humans – BBC News
This is quite astounding. Digging into a bit further, it's still not human-level debating or decision making, but give them another decade and it really will be time to welcome our robot overlords. The difficult bit is, of course, training them on a near-objective data set, rather than giving them built in biases.
- Laravel Translation via Google Spreadsheet – SkyshiDigital – Medium
An interesting way to set up translations within Laravel – make it easy to give non-techical users access to edit a site's translations.
Device/security management system that's got a free tier that might actually be worth install in my own devices to give me a central place to manage them and keep an eye out for security issues.
- Laravel API Documentation Generator
Might be useful at work. Or for myself another time.
- 20 Laravel Eloquent Tips and Tricks – Laravel News
I knew about half of these, and want to remember the others for later.
- 220.127.116.11 — the Internet’s Fastest, Privacy-First DNS Resolver
This is really nice, and from a company with a pretty good track record. I'll be setting it up at home myself later, and I encourage others to do the same.
- PolaPi-Zero | Hackaday.io
I would like to go a few steps past this project, but in order to do that, I need to build this project.