- Paypal – how to generate classic API credentials
I just know I'm going to need this link again, and it took me half an hour to find it.
- On the New Forest (10 May., 2019, at Interconnected)
A marvellous bit of writing.
- srmklive/laravel-paypal: Laravel plugin for processing payments through PayPal. Can be used separately.
I need to upgrade the Badgers and Jam checkout to support Paypal, very soon.
- Toy Town by watabou
This is also great! Same author, really hoping they link the two up, so you can generate a map, then walk through it.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator by watabou
This is just great. Loads of options, loads of visually distinct cities to work with.
- A Map of the Internet from May 1973
This is a wonderful bit of history.
- Taylor Otwell: “PHP (and a cheap laptop) changed my life” — Build Your SaaS – bootstrapping in 2019 — Overcast
Want to come back and listen to this later.
- A New Luxury Retreat Caters to Elderly Workers in Tech (Ages 30 and Up) – The New York Times
On the face of it, this is an absurd idea, born to soak up the excess cash of the over-privileged. Counterpoint: I am in my 40s. I no longer have the time, energy, or desire to spend my spare time studying the latest hot tech framework (at the expense of seeing friends, or basic life admin), or to re-skill into machine learning or the next highly-employable trend. I *am* becoming irrelevant in my own industry. I would love help figuring out how to cope with that better – both personally and professionally. (And I know I've got it easy…)
- 5 Day Sword Course | Owen Bush
Bookmarking this to come back to later/possibly for next summer.
- A Few Simple Steps to Vastly Increase Your Privacy Online
This is a really good guide – there are a few things in here I didn't know about, and will start doing.
- Homestead Fifty Six | Joe Ferguson
The horrible fear that I'm going to need this in the long term for work.
- Timeline – Time to Play Fair
Despite my fondness for Apple products, I am willing to be critical of Apple when they're being arseholes. They're being massive arseholes, here, to the detriment of their own users. I would very much welcome an option for iOS developers to implement their own payment systems in apps, if they did not wish to give apple a cut, and I hope the EU finds in Spotify's favour.