- How to Rands – Rands in Repose
This really isn't a bad guide to basic tech management – making sure your team know what the score is regarding their line manager, and what he's about.
- Coraline Ada Ehmke — Not Applicable: What Your Job Post Is Really Saying
This is nice thinking about how one come up with a job description in tech, and a good write up on how to improve that process.
- Black Triangles
I have wanted a term for this for such a long time. So much of what I do is basically Black Triangles – a lot of behind the scenes work in order to start building the other things that have a more obvious impact, but trying to explain this to non technical staff is murder. If I can send this around in future, that might help.
- Everything Easy is Hard Again – Frank Chimero
A description of what it feels like to build web software, after 20 years building it. There was a point, a few years back where I thought I'd achieved, well, definitely not mastery, but at least a certain level of expertise. These days, I feel like I'm constantly running to keep up, and just getting further and further behind. And there's really no reason this should be the case.
- Oxford Comma Dispute Is Settled as Maine Drivers Get $5 Million – The New York Times
If ever you wonder if the Oxford comma really matters, then the answer is yes, sometimes it matters very very much.
- Richard Sapper’s dark, alternate universe of tech design – Curbed
Interesting thought experiment: what if Sapper, not Ive, had become the design superstar of the IT industry?
Convenient guide to make sure I think about a work problem the right way.
- GraphQL | A query language for your API
This looks like it could be very interesting to use if it's even halfway simple to drop over/alongside a pre-existing REST API.
- Issues · kba/canvas-editor
Vue image/canvas editing library.
- zakhttp/Mongostead7: A bash script to install MongoDB on Laravel Homestead with php7
Getting mongo installed on Homestead.
- 19 Wikipedia Pages That’ll Send You Into A Week-Long Wikihole
When I have 19 weeks to spare, I will come back to this.