- Project Alias Smart Home ‘Parasite’ Is the Anti-Alexa – Geek.com
This looks interesting. Wonder if I can build one, and wonder if it really works?
- Largest dump in history: 2.7 billion records; 773 million of them unique; 140 million never seen before / Boing Boing
It's time to check and update your passwords again. Relevant useful links contained in post, but also my traditional reminder: use a password manager on all your devices. Do not, do not, do not, *ever* log in to any website with a password it is remotely practical for you to type by hand.
Library of PHP tools for working with different geocoding providers.
- Switching the default PHP version on CLI on Homestead
It took me too long to find this, and I know I'm going to need it again.
- saintsystems/odata-client-php: OData Client Library for PHP
Useful library for interaction with OData based APIs, with syntax inspired by Eloquent (for better for worse)…
- Car Models List – 160+ makes, 5000+ automobile models | Car Database
The stuff I wind up needing a reference for…
- ★ Introducing laravel-websockets, an easy to use WebSocket server implemented in PHP – Freek Van der Herten’s blog on PHP and Laravel
It's a laravel link, it must be for work. And it is. But it's also for play…
- A progressive Web application with Vue JS, Webpack & Material Design [Part 1]
I need to do some weekend learning on this topic.
- Swoole – PHP asynchronous programming framework | Swoole
This looks like it could be really useful for work and a few personal projects.
- How AI Agents Cheat
This is brilliant. And disturbing. If we are all wiped out by an AI in the future, this is going to be why – not because an AI has applied a moral judgement to us, just because wiping us out represents the most efficient path to the goal we've programmed it with. Imagine, for example, an AI with the goal "prevent the largest possible number of humans from dying". An efficient path to this goal would be to entirely wipe out the human race. Sure, it kills billions, but it efficiently prevents a potentially infinite number of humans from dying.
- mattstauffer/Torch: Examples of using each Illuminate component in non-Laravel applications
Examples of using most of Laravel's components in non-Laravel applications.