- Scripting Languages: PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby – Hyperpolyglot
Likely of no interest to non-webdev-nerds, but potentially of enormous value to me, in terms of learning new languages. I sort of vaguely know Ruby, but this direct translation from PHP to Ruby would speed what little ruby hacking I do.
- It’s Sexy A-Levels!
A blog exploring the hypothesis that UK newspapers believe that only attractive girls in low cut tops do A-Levels.
- fleet street fox: More pictures like this, please.
A counter-argument: it is excellent that at A-level results time, the papers fill up with photos of attractive young women. Less sexist that you think.
- Tetrapharmakos – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I stumbled across this set of 4 simple maxims for a happy life, and really like it.
- Up, up and away into near-space in a beautiful bloon
Statement of intent: I will do this before I die.
- Special ed student raped by classmate, forced by school to apologize to him, then raped again, lawsuit claims (UPDATED) – Boing Boing
I wanted to link to this not because it's directly relevant to me (other than, y'know, as a human being with an ounce of compassion somewhere under a rock in here), or even because it's an exceptionally horrible story (it is, but the plain truth is that worse things happen every day, and I don't link to news about them), but just because it strikes me as a very, very stark reminder of how, even in the "developed" world, we still have such a very very long way to go before we can call ourselves civilised.