- Smart Toys and the Endangered Solitude of Childhood by Alana Massey | Model View Culture
I don't know whether I agree with this or not, but I think it's an interesting piece that provides food for thought.
- Here’s a giant 800-track alt/indie-focused 90’s playlist in chronological order — Medium
Skews a bit differently to what I remember the nineties being, I assume because it's american-focused? But this is nonetheless pretty pleasing. Might be amusing to do a playlist for myself, one track from every year of music I own.
- How to Auto Delete Old Emails In Any Gmail Label
Setting up a new Gmail-based system for work. This will (I hope) finally solve an email problem that has plagued me for 5 years now.
- 24 Cool PHP Libraries You Should Know About | Tutorialzine
Couple of handy things in here.
- Tingbot: A NORD collective project
Interesting. Will await a Kickstater with interest.
- My website is 20 years old today. | Jeffrey Zeldman Presents The Daily Report: Web Design News & Insights Since 1995
I built my first website about 20 years ago, too. Not this one – it's only 15 years old, but the pages I built when I was 18 are still out there in the web archive, horribly. Still, it's a sobering thought. 20 years of the internet.
Omnigraffle-Sitemap-Generator – An AppleScript application that generates a visual sitemap in Omnigraffle from a sitemap.xml file. Useful!
- IDENTITIES NAMES OF CATHARS BURNT AT MONTSEGUR MARCH 16 1244
Useful bit of research for a thing. Yes.
- All (hopefully) of the bad arguments about rape on Game of Thrones debunked
I don't agree with this article about the rape scene in last week's game of Thrones. I think it was another mis-step from a show with a less-than-stellar track record. I think that, given the departure from what I understand the storyline in the books is, there were alternatives open to them, that they perhaps should have explored. But that said: there are some solid arguments in here, that at least make the case that there *is* another point of view, that says there was a case for having tha…
- Cheeky Nando’s, or, what went wrong? | Idiot Joy Showland
Just read it. Read it, and understand the reality of Nandos. The reality of England in the 21st Century.
- Redrawing Taylor Swift – Shake it Off Rotoscoped – YouTube
49 University of Newcastle Australia animation students were each given 52 frames of Taylor Swift's Shake it Off music video to rotoscope in their own style, and the resulting works were stitched back together to make this. The original video is a lot of fun, but there's moment of absolute magic in this.
- The 300 Best Albums of the Past 30 Years (1985-2014) | SPIN
The albums on this list I own, I love. And there are a lot of albums/artists here I've always meant to give more time to. This list would seem like a solid place to start, with a lot of them.
- The New Mad Max Film Is So Feminist My Scrotum Killed Itself
A sublime and perfect piece of writing. Rather like the film, in fact.