- Laravel Shift – the automated way to upgrade Laravel applications
I'm going to try this out later.
- Fingerprint.js – The most advanced open-source fraud prevention JS library
Mostly a note to self for the future. Might need this for a bunch of stuff.
- Help! None of my projects want to be SPAs | Jason Goldstein
This rings very true. 99% of the project I work on are CUD operation stuff, with limited visual updating. My major use for Vue (which I picked up instead of React) is to simplify my JS form handling a bit, and manage the ajax elements, not really anything clever.
- New AI fake text generator may be too dangerous to release, say creators | Technology | The Guardian
If I were a professional fiction writer, I'd be scared right now. This tells me that automating the job of producing fiction just got a generation closer. (I mean, I guess, counterpoint – write an outline, get a novel.)
- 11 Awesome Laravel Helper Functions (that aren’t in Laravel)
Yes, these are lovely.
- TablePlus | Modern, Native Tool for Database Management
This looks like quite a nice multi-engine database tool for Mac. Might be tempted to migrate to it.
- Project Alias Smart Home ‘Parasite’ Is the Anti-Alexa – Geek.com
This looks interesting. Wonder if I can build one, and wonder if it really works?
- Largest dump in history: 2.7 billion records; 773 million of them unique; 140 million never seen before / Boing Boing
It's time to check and update your passwords again. Relevant useful links contained in post, but also my traditional reminder: use a password manager on all your devices. Do not, do not, do not, *ever* log in to any website with a password it is remotely practical for you to type by hand.
Library of PHP tools for working with different geocoding providers.
- Switching the default PHP version on CLI on Homestead
It took me too long to find this, and I know I'm going to need it again.
- saintsystems/odata-client-php: OData Client Library for PHP
Useful library for interaction with OData based APIs, with syntax inspired by Eloquent (for better for worse)…
- Car Models List – 160+ makes, 5000+ automobile models | Car Database
The stuff I wind up needing a reference for…
- ★ Introducing laravel-websockets, an easy to use WebSocket server implemented in PHP – Freek Van der Herten’s blog on PHP and Laravel
It's a laravel link, it must be for work. And it is. But it's also for play…
- A progressive Web application with Vue JS, Webpack & Material Design [Part 1]
I need to do some weekend learning on this topic.
- Treat Games